May 1, 2015- May 7, 2015: There will be NO CrossFit Kid Sign up fee.
We are having a KettleBell Clinic on Saturday May 9, 2015 at 1:00pm. There are 10 spots available, please sign up on the white board. Learn the basics of the KettleBell Swing.
CrossFit Kids on Tue/Thur at 4:30pm, so if you plan on attending the 3:30 WOD it’s really important to be on time and work efficiently so we have the floor cleared by 4:30. If you plan on coming to the 5:15 WOD, please wait outside until the 4:30 Kids class finishes.
1) Deadlift 5 RM with goal of getting a 5 RM 5-10lbs. heavier than your previous 5 RM. Start around 60% of your goal 5 RM for the day, performing 5 reps per set, adding weight each set. These are DOUBLE OVERHAND GRIP. No mixed or hook grip in an effort to improve grip strength.
2) 3xME Strict Chest to Bar Pull Ups. Palms face away from face. Scale to chin-over-bar strict pull up, negatives or barbell pull ups. No bands!
* This strength program is easy to jump into if you’re new, or jump back into if you’ve been gone. Find your 5 RM for the lifts. Your next session, perform 3x5@ 90% of your 5 RM. The following sessions, try to get 3x5@:
- 5 lbs. heavier for BS and FS squats
- 2.5 lbs. heavier for strict and bench presses
- For deadlift, simply work up to a 5 RM every session, with the goal being 5-10 lbs. heavier than your previous 5 RM
3 rounds for time of:
10 strict handstand push-ups(scale: Pushups, pike pushups, box pushups, banded)
15 strict ring dips (scale: reg dips- if they can not show support in the top of ring hold for :30)
20 strict push-up
45 strict pull-ups (scale: bar pull-ups, jumping pull-ups with a negative)